From English Teacher to Learner Coach is NOW OUT! Followers of the blog may be interested to know that we have been busy developing and expanding the ideas, lessons and activities promoted in the blog over the last few months. The result is From English Teacher to Learner Coach, a complete guide to coaching learners in English language learning.
Here’s the blurb…
Help your students get motivated, get organised and get practising!
More than ever before, English learners have the tools and opportunities to practise and become competent English users, but they will need support and guidance to make the most of them. In other words, they need a coach. This book helps you to give your teaching a coaching twist, which in turn helps your students practise more outside class and get more out of what they do in class with you.
The book has two parts:
1. A guide for teachers which includes:
- a clear rationale for a coaching approach
- ways to give your teaching a coaching twist
- coaching activities you can use in your lessons
2. A student book with 39 activities. This includes:
- activities to help students get motivated
- activities to help students get organised
- activities to help your students practise English outside class on their own or with fellow students.
Learners can buy the Student book as a separate mini-book.
From English Teacher to Learner Coach is for all types of English class: adults, teens and younger learners, general and business English, EAP classes, large groups and one-to-ones, classes with or without a course book. Many activities are internet based but there are plenty of unplugged alternatives, which require no technological resources.
What are you waiting for? Give your teaching the coaching twist today! Visit the round for more information.